Who is it for:
All clinical staff (GP’s, Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists, Health Care Assistants, Carers) and non-clinical staff (Receptionists, cleaners and admin staff) working in primary care. Groups can be a combination of clinical and non-clinical staff, or separate, depending on the needs of your practice.
Number of candidates:
Groups of 10-12, however this can be negotiated.
Lunch time, evenings or weekends. Phone or email to arrange a date and time that suits you and your practice.
1.5 – 2 hours
Your practice/surgery or PRIMARY CARE- RESUS can arrange an alternative suitable location.
Resuscitation training including basic life support with AED, management of the choking patient and anaphylaxis.
- Chain of survival
- Recognition of cardiac arrest
- How to use the DRABC algorithm to assess for signs of life and call for help
- The correct technique for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to correctly and confidently apply and use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to manage the airway using different techniques including mouth to mouth, pocket mask and the bag valve mask (BVM)
- CPR techniques and rates for children and babies
- Management of the choking patient (adult and paediatric)
- How to recognise a patient in anaphylaxis and a refresher of anaphylaxis guidelines (clinical staff only)
- How to use an Epipen safely and appropriately
PRIMARY CARE-RESUS will supply all the equipment, including mannequins, training defibrillators, and airway apparatus.